Four challenges continue to top the charts. These challenges have a massive impact on a facility and their ability to thrive.
(1) Medication Management
(2) Resident Safety
Part 1: The Medication Management Process
According to research conducted by The Department of Health and Human Services and The Center for Excellence in Assisted Living (CEAL):
- 87% of residents require assistance with medication. (1)
- Residents take 9 different medications daily. (2)
- 35% of all medication administrations involved an error. (2)
- 71% of these errors involved the drug being administered more than two hours outside the requested administration time. (2)
The research shows that the highest liabilities and risks arise within the medication management process. It’s not enough that facilities are utilizing an eMAR technology; it needs to be the best technology.
QuickMAR is the best eMAR in today’s market. Our goal was to design the most important modules first. Medication management was never an afterthought. We also knew that our eMAR technology must have the best features including:
- Enforces the 5 rights of medication administration
- Integrates with the pharmacy seamlessly
- Allows Ease of Use with little of no training
- Works even when the internet doesn’t
- Provides alerts, warnings, push notifications, and more