Changes to QuickMAR and CareSuite
PointClickCare is committed to delivering a best in class platform that Senior Living providers can grow with as the needs of their business evolve. In March 2019, PointClickCare acquired QuickMAR. Since then we have been collecting feedback from customers to help us evaluate how to bring the two platforms closer together.
We consistently heard that customers find QuickMAR eMAR easy to use and its medication management capabilities are highly regarded. In support of QuickMAR’s strong eMAR feature set, we are excited to announce the first phase of integration with PointClickCare EHR is now available to provide communities more options for solving needs beyond medication management. The integration keeps the census in sync between QuickMAR and PointClickCare and provides bi-directional flow for some data such as vital signs. This integration is the first phase of our initiative to bring two great products together into one common platform.
We have also made the decision to stop the development of several CareSuite EHR features that have not been widely adopted, rather than expand functionality that is redundant with more comprehensive features in PointClickCare. Your organization will continue to have a growing range of solutions as we invest in the modernization of the QuickMAR platform and strengthen the integration with PointClickCare.
What does this mean for your community?
- Effective today, the platform will simply be called QuickMAR to reflect a renewed focus on medication management, eMAR and Pharmacy Integration. The CareSuite name will be retired.
- The following features will no longer be enhanced in QuickMAR:
- Care Plans and Assessments
- Custom Forms
- Incident Reporting
- Sales Lead Tracking
- Customers that currently use any of these features may continue to access them without interruption. QuickMAR will continue to support these features, however, we will not be expanding their functionality or creating custom assessments after August 31, 2020.
- Customers that are not using these features today can no longer implement them. Communities that need a comprehensive assessment library, an Infection Prevention and Control tool to screen residents, or other EHR needs are encouraged to consider PointClickCare EHR. Please contact your PointClickCare representative to discuss options and learn about financial incentives that are available to ease the transition.
Please review the attached FAQ here which contains additional detail about these changes.
PointClickCare is committed to supporting the growth of your community. Our team is available to answer any questions you have regarding this announcement. Please contact us toll-free at 1-888-401-6199 or email us at email@example.com.