5 Keys to Improving Senior Living Resident Safety
- Tracking Activities of Daily Living: Keeping a record of how residents are handling ADLs ensures continuity of care and reveals whether they are beginning to need more services. Electronic processes make it simple for caregivers to log this information, even if they have no computer experience. With just a click or two, you can generate reports that show how the need is increasing and provide the basis for discussing additional services with family members.
- Managing Behavior: Managing the behavior of residents, especially those with memory impairment, is crucial for individual and group safety. As with ADLs, care management software enables sta to easily document behavior issues, note what caused them and describe successful interventions. It puts the data to work, providing reports that help you understand behavior patterns so you can adjust care accordingly.
- Medications: Software makes it easier for caregivers to give the right meds every time. Using bar-scanning technology, caregivers match medications with residents and if meds are missed, the system issues alerts. Reports tell you whether staff is following procedures correctly.
- Controlled Drugs: Paper-based records can make it all too easy for drug thieves to outwit processes. Electronic inventory management tools are designed to prevent falsified drug reconciliations and give an accurate accounting of medication supply. It provides for better recording and reporting of changes to residents’ drug profiles and documents that medications have been disposed of properly.
- Nurse’s Notes: With paper-based processes, important nurse’s notes may be overlooked from one shift to the next. Resident care management software not only makes writing notes easy; it categorizes the notes to make them readily available to care staff.
These are just some of the ways resident care management software is greatly improving senior living safety. For information on how CareSuite by QuickMAR can help your organization in this important area and others, please call 888-340-9866 or go to www.quickmar.com.